Broiled Salmon with Corn Relish Recipe
- 1 cup polenta
- 3 1/2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 pound boned salmon fillet with skin (maximum 1 in. thick)
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt and pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
step 1: In a 5- to 6-quart pan, combine polenta and broth. Stir over high heat until mixture boils, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until polenta is smooth to taste, about 15 minutes.
step 2: Meanwhile, rinse fish and pat dry; cut into 4 equal pieces. Sprinkle lightly all over with salt and pepper. Lay salmon skin side up in a lightly oiled 10- by 15-inch pan.
step 3: Broil about 4 inches from heat for 4 minutes. With a wide spatula, turn salmon over and broil until fish is opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 3 to 4 minutes longer.
step 4: Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix corn, pimientos, onion, lime juice, and mint.
step 5: Spoon polenta equally onto plates. Add a piece of salmon to each and garnish with corn relish. Add more salt and pepper to taste.