Broiled Santa Fe Steaks Recipe
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless New York strip steaks
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
step 1: Mix salsa, beans, onion, cilantro, lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon of the chili powder. Cover and refrigerate while preparing beef.
step 2: Set oven control to broil.
step 3: Sprinkle both sides of beef with remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder and the oregano; gently press into beef. Place beef on rack in broiler pan. Broil with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat 6 minutes; turn. Broil 2 to 5 minutes longer for medium doneness. Serve with salsa.