Broiled Teriyaki Catfish with Wasabi Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets, 4 to 6 ounces, 1/2-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wasabi powder (available in Asian food section)
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar (available in Asian food section)
- 2 medium cucumbers - peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
step 1: In a small bowl, stir together teriyaki sauce, wasabi powder, and rice wine vinegar. Set aside for about 10 minutes to combine flavors.
step 2: In a medium bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon of the teriyaki marinade and the cucumber; add sour cream.
step 3: Preheat the broiler. Brush both sides of the catfish fillets with remaining marinade and place on an oiled baking pan. Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 7 minutes.
step 4: Top the broiled fillets with cucumber salad. Garnish generously with cilantro leaves and serve with steamed green beans.