Brown Bread Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups wheat and barley nugget cereal (e.g. Grape-Nuts™)
- 3 cups milk
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon maple flavored extract
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
step 1: Place cereal in a bowl and pour in enough milk to cover (1/2 to 1 cup); set aside. In a large bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, condensed milk, half-and-half, maple flavor and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Place in freezer canister of ice cream maker. Stir in enough milk to reach fill line.
step 2: Freeze according to manufacturers' directions. When ice cream begins to solidify, add cereal mixture before freezing completely.