Brown Rice Salad Recipe
- 1 ⅔ cups uncooked brown rice
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup frozen green peas, thawed
- ¼ cup toasted almond slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
step 1: Place rice and water in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 45 to 60 minutes.
step 2: In a medium bowl, mix the sour cream, red wine vinegar, lime juice, honey, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
step 3: Place bacon in a skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
step 4: In a large bowl, mix the rice, dressing mixture, bacon, bell pepper, green onions, peas, almonds, and cilantro. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.