Bruschetta II Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) loaf French baguette
- 1 1/2 cups spinach - packed, rinsed and torn
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups finely chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Arrange the bread slices on a non-stick cookie sheet.
step 2: In an electric blender or food processor combine the spinach, Parmesan, almonds, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until a paste forms. Pulse in 2 tablespoons olive oil; continue pulsing until the mixture is the consistency of soft butter.
step 3: In a small mixing bowl combine chopped tomatoes, green onion and 1 tablespoon olive oil; stir.
step 4: Bake the bread slices for 5 minutes or until crisp and brown.
step 5: Arrange toast on a serving platter. Spread each piece of toast with a thin layer of the blended pesto, then top with the tomato mixture.