Bryan's Sweet and Hot Tomato Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon crumbled dried red chile pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, divided
step 1: In a saucepan, combine olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and red peppers and lightly saute over high heat.
step 2: Reduce heat to low and mix in tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir in celery salt, salt and pepper. Start with 1/2 cup of the brown sugar and mix into the sauce. Gradually add brown sugar, depending on acidity of tomatoes. First taste of sauce should be sweet.