Buffalo Cheesy Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast - cooked and diced
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a lasagna pan.
step 2: In a large bowl combine the chicken, spaghetti sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, water, garlic powder, onion, bell pepper and mushrooms; mix well and set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together the egg beat and ricotta cheese.
step 3: Spread 1 cup of the chicken/spaghetti mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan. Layer with lasagna noodles, then another 1 1/2 cups of the chicken mixture. Spread 1/2 of the ricotta/egg mixture over all, then top with 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese. Add another layer of noodles, 1 1/2 cups chicken mixture, remaining ricotta mixture and remaining mozzarella. Top with one last layer of noodles and remaining chicken mixture.
step 4: Cover pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 70 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and bake uncovered for another 5 minutes.
step 5: Remove from oven, cover and let stand for about 15 to 20 minutes before serving.