Busy Night Teriyaki Bowls Recipe
- 1 (6.2 ounce) package RICE A RONI® Chicken Teriyaki
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 cups fresh chopped or frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup prepared Teriyaki sauce
- Chopped nuts or chow mein noodles for garnish (optional)
step 1: Saute rice-vermicelli mix with margarine in large skillet on medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown.
step 2: Add 2-1/3 cups water and Special Seasonings. Bring to a boil on high heat. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes. Stir in fresh chopped or frozen mixed vegetables. Cover; simmer 10-13 minutes, or until rice is tender.
step 3: While rice is cooking, saute chicken and red bell pepper in separate skillet over medium heat 4-5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Drain; stir in Teriyaki sauce. Remove from heat; cover and let stand. To serve, divide rice evenly between four bowls. Make an indentation in center of rice with back of spoon. Top with chicken mixture. Garnish with chopped nuts or chow mein noodles if desired.