Butter Bean Burgers Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 6 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
step 1: In a medium bowl, mash butter beans. Mix in onion, jalapeno pepper, crushed crackers, egg, cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Divide into 4 equal parts, and shape into patties.
step 2: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; use more or less oil to reach 1/4 inch in depth. Fry patties until golden, about 5 minutes on each side.