Cabbage, Tomato and Onion Salad Recipe
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 large firm tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chile peppers, seeded and minced
- salt to taste
- white sugar to taste
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanut powder
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
step 1: In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, tomatoes, onion, chiles, salt, sugar and peanut powder until evenly combined.
step 2: In a small saute pan, heat the clarified butter over medium heat. Add the cumin and stir until toasted. Remove from heat, pour over the salad mixture and gently mix together. Chill until serving, and serve garnished with cilantro.