Cabbage Patch Stew Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch-style beans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
step 1: In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the onion. Drain fat.
step 2: Combine ranch-style beans, cumin, garlic, cabbage and green pepper in crock pot. Stir in stewed tomatoes, celery, picante sauce, water, and beef mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
step 3: Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours.