Caesar Salad with Cilantro and Green Chile Dressing Recipe
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta or cotija cheese
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, rinsed, patted dry and chopped
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1 (4 ounce) can ORTEGA® Whole Green Chiles, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or cotija cheese
step 1: PLACE cilantro, mayonnaise, vegetable oil, chiles, vinegar, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in food processor or blender; cover. Process until coarsely chopped. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour or until flavors are blended.
step 2: COMBINE lettuce, croutons, chiles and cheese in large bowl. Add 1/2 cup dressing; toss well to coat. Store unused dressing in refrigerator for up to one week.