Cajun Catfish with Sweet Onion Relish Recipe
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion (i.e. Vidalia)
- 1 cup chopped, seeded Roma tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons pitted and chopped calamata (Greek) olives
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves, divided
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne), or more to taste
step 1: Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 5 minutes. Spoon onion into a bowl. Add tomatoes, olives, water, and 1 teaspoon thyme leaves. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
step 2: Prepare grill. Combine 1 teaspoon olive oil, remaining 2 teaspoons thyme, paprika, garlic salt, and red pepper. Rub mixture over both sides of catfish fillets. Place fillets on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with relish.