Cajun Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 1 (6.8 ounce) package Spanish rice mix
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup mixed nuts
step 1: Prepare Spanish rice mix according to package directions. Keep warm.
step 2: Meanwhile, combine the flour, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Toss the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour to coat.
step 3: Heat the margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, and cook until lightly browned and almost cooked through. Stir the nuts into the chicken; cook and stir until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle. Serve chicken on top of prepared Spanish rice.