Cajun Oyster Pie Recipe
- 3 thick slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 18 shucked oysters, drained with liquid reserved
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked 9 inch pie crusts
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon bacon grease. Crumble bacon and set aside.
step 2: Heat bacon grease and vegetable oil over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook until flour is light brown. Slowly whisk in milk and 1 cup reserved oyster liquid. Stir until a thick gravy has formed.
step 3: Stir in Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning and oysters. Pour mixture into a 9 inch pie shell and cover with top crust.
step 4: Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until crust is golden.