Cajun Pasta Supper Recipe
- 8 ounces crumbled Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed or diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4.6 ounce) package PASTA RONI® Garlic & Olive Oil with Vermicelli
- 8 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning*
step 1: COOK and STIR sausage and bell pepper in large skillet over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes or until sausage is browned. Drain fat. Remove from skillet; set aside.
step 2: ADD 1 1/2 cups water and tomatoes to same skillet; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta, Special Seasonings packet, shrimp and Cajun seasoning. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Gently boil, uncovered 8-10 minutes, or until pasta is tender and shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally.
step 3: STIR sausage mixture back into skillet; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through.