California-Thai Flank Steak Recipe
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons sliced lemon grass
- 3 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- 3 tablespoons chile paste
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 pounds flank steak
step 1: In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, rice wine, lime juice and sesame oil. Stir in onion, basil, mint, lemon grass and crushed peanuts. Season with chile paste, coriander and garlic salt.
step 2: Layer flank steak with marinade. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
step 3: Preheat an outdoor grill for medium high heat, and lightly oil grate.
step 4: Spray a large sheet of aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray. Drain liquid from marinade. Layer meat on foil with the remaining non-liquid marinade ingredients. Fold edges of foil to seal, then grill for 20 minutes.