California Roll Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 2 cups shredded imitation crabmeat
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
step 1: Place rice and water in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Set aside to cool.
step 2: In a large serving bowl, toss together the lettuce, cucumber, avocado and imitation crabmeat. Stir in cooled rice. In a small bowl, stir together the wasabi powder, mayonnaise, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and sesame oil. Toss salad with dressing (recommended), or serve with dressing on the side.