Cantonese Dinner Recipe
- 2 pounds pork steak, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
step 1: In a large heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork in oil. Drain off excess fat.
step 2: Place pork, onion, mushrooms, tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and Worcestershire sauce in a slow cooker. Cook on High for 4 hours, or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.