Caribbean Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 (10 ounce) can chunk white chicken in water, thoroughly drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, thoroughly drained
- 1/2 cup drained, canned water chestnuts, quartered
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 papayas or small cantaloupes, halved and seeded
- lime or lemon wedges
step 1: In bowl, mix all ingredients except salt, pepper, fruit halves and lime or lemon wedges. Season with salt and pepper.
step 2: Cut a thin slice from bottom of each fruit half to make a flat surface for plating; place halves on 4 serving plates. Mound chicken salad in fruit halves, dividing equally. Serve with lime or lemon wedges.