Caribbean Chicken over Coconut Rice Recipe
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 teaspoons HERB-OX® Chicken Flavored Bouillon Granules, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Jamaican jerk seasoning blend
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
step 1: Rinse chicken breasts; pat dry. In small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules and jerk seasoning. Rub both sides of chicken breasts with seasoning mixture.
step 2: Place chicken on rack of an uncovered grill. Grill directly over medium coals for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pinked and cooked through, turning once.
step 3: Meanwhile, in saucepan, combine water, coconut milk, remaining bouillon and rice. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in orange peel. Serve chicken over rice.