Carne Con Chilies Recipe
- 4 large boneless pork chops, fat trimmed and reserved
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt, or to taste
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 10 tomatillos, husked and cut in half
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and halved
- 3 dried red chile peppers, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
step 1: Slice pork chops into strips, and season with pepper, garlic powder and seasoning salt. Squeeze lime juice over pieces.
step 2: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add fat, and cook, stirring until pan is coated. Remove fat, and put the seasoned meat in the pan. Fry until browned, about 5 minutes.
step 3: At the same time, make the green sauce. Combine the tomatillos, tomato, jalapenos, and dried chilies in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook until soft. Drain excess liquid, and transfer to a blender or food processor along with the garlic and salt. Blend until smooth.
step 4: Pour sauce over the meat in the pan, and simmer for 15 minutes to blend all of the flavors. Taste, and adjust salt and pepper if necessary.