Caroline and Brian's Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 5 portobello mushrooms
- 1 turkey sausage link, without casing
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: Remove stems from portobello mushrooms. Arrange the mushroom caps, bottoms up, on a medium baking sheet. Chop the stems and set aside.
step 2: Place turkey sausage link on a small baking sheet. Cook uncovered in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until the interior is no longer pink. Remove from heat and chop.
step 3: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together chopped mushroom stems, chopped sausage, chopped garlic, crushed garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper and seasoned bread crumbs. Slowly cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes, or until bread crumbs begin to brown. Remove from heat, allow to cool approximately 10 minutes and transfer to a medium bowl.
step 4: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 5: Mix cream cheese and Parmesan cheese into the mushroom stem mixture. Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture.
step 6: Bake stuffed mushrooms in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until stuffing is lightly browned.