Carrie's Bruschetta Appetizer Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) package herb and garlic feta, crumbled
- 1 (1 pound) loaf sourdough bread, thickly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
step 1: Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Mix in tomatoes, fresh basil leaves and garlic. Cook and stir until heated and slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
step 2: In a small bowl, blend cream cheese with herb and garlic feta.
step 3: In a toaster or an oven heated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), lightly toast the sourdough bread slices.
step 4: Spread toasted bread slices with the cream cheese blend. Top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with desired amount of mozzarella cheese.