Carrot Soup Indienne II Recipe
- 8 cups water
- 6 large carrots, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 stalks celery, chopped, with leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 6 tablespoons dry potato flakes
step 1: In a large pot, add water and bring to a boil. Add carrots, potatoes, celery, and onion, and return to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1/2 hour or until carrots are tender. Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
step 2: Puree soup in blender or food processor in batches until smooth.
step 3: Return pureed soup to pot, add soy sauce, cumin, cayenne pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, dill, milk, and potato flakes and return to boil. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve hot.