Catfish Pecan Recipe
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds catfish
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely crushed
- 5 wedges lemon, for garnish
- 5 sprigs fresh parsley, for garnish
step 1: Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
step 2: In a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, salt and pepper. Dip the catfish in the cornmeal mixture; coating well.
step 3: Place catfish on a flat, greased baking sheet. Pour the oil over the fish.
step 4: Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until catfish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with pecans toward the end of the cooking period.
step 5: Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.