Catfish Roasted with Sesame Seeds, Basil, Garlic and Spinach Recipe
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 (10 ounce) bag washed spinach, coarse stems removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or Italian parsley
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (available in the Asian food section of most supermarkets)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white or black sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
step 1: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place catfish fillets on an oiled baking pan. Tuck a handful of spinach under each fillet. Fold under about 2 inches of the thin end of each fillet to enclose spinach at one end.
step 2: In a small bowl, whisk together basil or parsley, garlic, mustard, oils, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Spread mixture over catfish. Sprinkle heavily with sesame seeds and lightly with cayenne pepper. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.