Catfish Saint James Recipe
- 4 (8 ounce) fillets catfish
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup butter, melted
step 1: Wash and dry catfish filets. Place filets in a shallow dish and pour milk over them. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
step 2: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cheese, Italian seasoning, baking powder, garlic powder, dry mustard, onion powder, salt and pepper. Dredge filets in flour mixture.
step 3: Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet and place coated filets in pan. Drizzle melted butter over filets.
step 4: Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until firm and flaky. Serve hot.