Cavatini II Recipe
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced and quartered pepperoni
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup rigatoni pasta
- 1 cup rotini pasta
- 1 cup macaroni
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: In a large saucepan, combine green pepper, onion, pepperoni, mushrooms, tomato paste, spaghetti sauce, and garlic. Cover, and simmer for one hour.
step 2: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
step 3: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 4: Mix together pasta, ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, and Parmesan. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, alternate pasta and cheese mixture and sauce mixture, ending with sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella.
step 5: Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.