Celery and Stilton Soup Recipe
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 4 1/4 cups water
- 3 3/4 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbed and divided
- 4 sprigs watercress, for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 pinch salt, or as desired (optional)
step 1: Melt the butter in a large pot over medium low heat. Add the onions and saute for 10 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
step 2: Add the celery and the water. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, or until celery is soft.
step 3: Add 2 1/2 ounces of the Stilton cheese to the soup and mix well. Puree the soup in small batches in a blender or food processor and transfer it to a clean pot. Season with freshly ground pepper and salt to taste. Stilton can be very salty, so beware!
step 4: Pour into individual bowls, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and garnish with the watercress.