Cheater Pot Pie Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (5 ounce) can chicken chunks, drained
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated layered biscuits
step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly butter a 9 inch deep dish pie pan with melted butter; reserve some of the melted butter.
step 2: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine mixed vegetables and chicken; cook until vegetables are tender. Fold in soup; mix well. Pour in milk and mix until smooth; mixture should not be runny. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil.
step 3: Remove from heat and spread mixture into bottom of pie pan. Separate biscuits into layers and place gently on top of mixture. Drizzle remaining butter on top of biscuit layers.
step 4: Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.