Cheddar Chive Muffins Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
step 1: In a saucepan, bring milk to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in potato flakes. Let stand for 2 minutes. Whip with a fork until smooth; cool slightly. Beat in egg, oil and cheese. Combine remaining ingredients; stir into potato mixture just until moistened (batter will be thick). Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
step 2: Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.