Cheddar Sausage Frittata Recipe
- 1 (12 ounce) package STOUFFER'S® frozen Macaroni and Cheese, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces mild pork sausage, fully cooked, drained and crumbled
- 3 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
step 1: HEAT oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook until lightly browned.
step 2: COMBINE Macaroni and Cheese, sausage, mushrooms, egg yolks, 1/2 cup cheese, red pepper, onion, flour, mustard and black pepper in large bowl.
step 3: BEAT egg whites with salt in mixing bowl until soft peaks form; fold whites into macaroni mixture. Transfer to greased 9-inch-round cake pan; top with remaining cheese.
step 4: BAKE in preheated 400 degrees F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.