Cheese Enchiladas with Green Chiles Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups ORTEGA® Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup ORTEGA® Garden Style Salsa
- 15 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, sliced into 15 strips
- 1 (7 ounce) can ORTEGA® Whole Green Chiles
- 1 cup SARGENTO® Fancy Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
step 2: COMBINE enchilada sauce and salsa in medium bowl; mix well. Pour 1 1/2 cups sauce mixture onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
step 3: HEAT tortillas, one at a time, in lightly greased medium skillet over medium heat for 20 seconds on each side or until soft. Place 1 strip cheese and 1 strip chile in center of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in baking pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese and chiles. Ladle remaining sauce over enchiladas; sprinkle with shredded cheese.
step 4: BAKE, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove cover; bake for additional 5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.