Cheese Soup II Recipe
- 5 cups cubed potatoes
- 2 cups carrots, sliced diagonally
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 6 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds processed cheese food (eg. Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
step 1: In a 4 quart casserole dish combine cubed potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, water and salt. Microwave on high for 15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
step 2: Stir in broccoli, bouillon cubes, margarine, dry mustard, pepper, and processed cheese. Set aside.
step 3: In a small bowl combine the milk and flour and blend until smooth. Slowly add to cheese mixture, stirring until blended. Microwave on medium-high (70 percent) for 20 minutes, or until temperature reaches 160 degrees.