Cheese and Garden Vegetable Pie Recipe
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 slices bacon, for topping
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Bake the pie shell for 9 to 10 minutes or until browned. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
step 3: Cut the tomatoes into bite size pieces, dice the onion and the green bell pepper.
step 4: In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise, cheeses, vegetables and bacon. Spoon into the baked pie shell. Top with additional crumbled bacon.
step 5: Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until edges brown.