Cheese and Nut Log Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachio nuts
step 1: In a small bowl, mix the Cheddar cheese and 1/2 the cream cheese with an electric mixer until well blended. Mix in the green onions, red bell peppers, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Chill in the refrigerator 30 minutes.
step 2: In a small bowl, mix the blue cheese, milk and remaining cream cheese with the electric mixer until well blended.
step 3: Shape the chilled Cheddar cheese mixture into an 8 inch log. Spread the blue cheese mixture evenly over the top and sides of the log. Cover with pistachio nuts. Chill in the refrigerator 2 to 3 hours before serving.