Cheese and Tomato Fondue Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onion
- 3 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1 pound Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, shredded
step 1: In a fondue pot or double broiler over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the garlic and onion. Slowly cook and stir until the vegetables are soft.
step 2: Mix in the tomatoes and cook another 3 minutes. Pour in the wine. Continue stirring until the wine reaches a near boil. Remove from the heat and stir in Gruyere and Swiss cheeses until melted.