Cheesy Chicken Florentine Recipe
- 2 (12 ounce) packages STOUFFER'S® frozen Spinach Souffle, defrosted
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh, coarse breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
step 1: SAUTE chicken breasts in vegetable oil until both sides are golden brown. Chicken will finish cooking in the oven.
step 2: COMBINE Spinach Souffle, rice, milk, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, onion, mustard and salt in large bowl; stir well. Spread into bottom of 9x13-inch baking pan; place chicken on top of spinach mixture. Combine breadcrumbs, butter and remaining Swiss cheese in small bowl; sprinkle mixture evenly over casserole.
step 3: COVER casserole with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven for 25 minutes; remove cover. Continue baking for 35 to 40 minutes or until spinach mixture is set and chicken is not longer pink in the center.