Cheesy Chile-Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 8 strips
- 1 (4 ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles, divided
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package ORTEGA® Taco Seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle ORTEGA® Thick & Smooth Taco Sauce, warmed
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees F.
step 2: CUT a pocket into thick portion of each breast; place one cheese strip and some chiles into each pocket. Close pockets with wooden picks.
step 3: COMBINE breadcrumbs and seasoning mix in small bowl. Dip each breast in melted butter; roll in breadcrumb mixture. Place chicken into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish; drizzle with remaining butter.
step 4: BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Pour taco sauce over chicken; top with green onions.