Cheesy Green Bean Dish Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (9 ounce) packages frozen green beans, thawed
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
step 2: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute onion until translucent. Stir in flour, milk, mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, sugar and salt; cook, stirring, until thickened.
step 3: Place green beans in a 9x13 inch baking dish; pour cheese sauce over green beans.
step 4: In a small bowl combine bread crumbs and egg. Spread over green beans.
step 5: Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.