Cheesy Lasagna Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups uncooked mafalda pasta (mini lasagne noodles)
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
step 1: Cook beef, onion, bell peppers and garlic in Dutch oven over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown and onion is tender; drain.
step 2: Stir in water, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir in pasta, brown sugar, Italian seasoning and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
step 3: Set oven control to broil.
step 4: Pour hot soup into 6 ovenproof soup bowls or casseroles. Top each with 1/4 cup croutons. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil soup with tops 3 to 4 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.