Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 2 cups dry small elbow macaroni or shells
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces American cheese, cut into pieces
step 1: COOK macaroni in medium saucepan for 8 to 10 minutes or until almost tender; drain. Return macaroni to saucepan. Add butter; stir until melted.
step 2: WHISK together evaporated milk, eggs, mustard and pepper in medium bowl. Add to macaroni mixture along with cheese; stir. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese begins to melt. Pour into 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
step 3: BAKE for 10 minutes; stir. Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and top is lightly golden. Season with salt.