Cheesy Mexi-Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1 quart water
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, with liquid
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package Mexican-style processed cheese food, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 3 1/2 quart casserole dish.
step 2: In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
step 3: In a wok or large skillet, heat the broth and saute the garlic, bell pepper and onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in cooked rice, cream-style corn, Mexican-style corn, whole kernel corn, diced tomatoes with chiles, green chiles, Mexican-style processed cheese, salt, pepper and chili powder. Spoon into prepared casserole dish.
step 4: Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until bubbly. Top with shredded Cheddar, cover and bake 5 minutes more. Remove from oven, uncover and let stand 10 minutes.