Cheesy Potato and Corn Chowder Recipe
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (2.5 ounce) package country style gravy mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-style processed cheese food
step 1: In large saucepan, melt margarine over medium high heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
step 2: Add chicken broth; bring to a boil. Add potatoes; cook over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are soft, stirring occasionally.
step 3: Stir in corn and chiles; return to boiling. Dissolve gravy mix in milk; stir into boiling mixture. Add cheese; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.