Cheesy Skillet Dinner Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar ORTEGA® Salsa Prima™ - Homestyle Mild
- 1 (4 ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 2 cups SARGENTO® 4 Cheese Mexican Blend or ChefStyle Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 cup crumbled tortilla chips
step 1: COOK beef, onion and mushrooms in large skillet until beef is browned; drain. Stir in salsa and chiles; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes.
step 2: SPRINKLE with 1 1/2 cups cheese and tortilla chips. Top with remaining cheese. Cover; cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.