Cheesy Taco Casserole Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) jar ORTEGA® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 1 (10 ounce) can ORTEGA® Enchilada Sauce
- 1 package (12) ORTEGA® Taco Shells, broken into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups SARGENTO® ChefStyle Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided
- Garnish suggestions: sour cream, ORTEGA® Pickled Jalapeno Slices, chopped avocados
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 350 F.
step 2: HEAT vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in salsa and enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes.
step 3: LAYER half of taco shell pieces in ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Top with half of salsa mixture and half of cheese; repeat layers.
step 4: BAKE for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with sour cream, jalapenos and avocado.