Cheesy Tuna and Rice Dish Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup instant rice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 16 ounces whole tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 7 ounces tuna
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
step 2: Melt butter in a saucepan. Blend in flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Stir in evaporated milk. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly, then stir in grated cheddar cheese and grated parmesan cheese.
step 3: Combine instant rice, chopped parsley, paprika, cayenne pepper, oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Layer whole tomatoes, chopped onion, and tuna (drained) over the rice. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender.