Cherry Delight with Walnut Crust Recipe
- 6 egg whites
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
step 2: Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add the sugar and cream of tarter; beat until sugar is dissolved.
step 3: Add crackers, nuts and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
step 4: Remove from oven, cool and cut into squares. Top each serving with pie filling and whipped topping.